Why learning at my engineering college is not enough for landing at a great tech job?
- Only 3% of 5,00,000 engineers passing out every year in our country are “Ready-to-Deploy” for IT jobs.(Sources: The Hindu)
- Freshers from non-premier engineering colleges are in a tough spot. To get a job they either need to get attention by building something incredible or they must keep learning (for years) to be considered for work in top software companies.
- Most companies either want a CS / IT graduate from Premier Institutes such as IIT,IIIT or experienced professional who has worked with every technology (or framework). From a tech company’s perspective, it makes sense to hire only the best developers as they don’t want to compromise on the quality of talent.
- To fill this gap between demand and supply of technical talent in India, Youstart Labs provides training courses on latest technologies. Demand for these latest technologies is undoubtedly higher than supply in the country.
What Youstart Labs does different from Engineering Colleges?
- The only way to learn programming – Start coding. Practice beats theory when it comes to making a great career in IT industry.
- Students need to build real world projects and applications to develop a sense of comfort for programming.
- Youstart Labs train dedicated and passionate learners and transform them to a “hirable” tech talent. We use Pair Programming & Competitive Programming and provide a propitious learning & working environment.
- We support your coding with guidance and help when you get stuck. You can also spend your day with us to give yourself “hours of code practice” you need.
- We arrange Tech talks/seminars/webinars/discussions with professionals from tier–1 IT companies such as Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Intel etc.
How is Youstart Labs different from software training institutes?
- We are a young and energetic team of IIT – Delhi and BITS, Pilani alumni who are passionate about coding unlike software training institutes who lack such talent.
- We have worked as software developers and recruiters with big tech companies such as Cisco, EMC Corporation, ISRO etc. and will provide you with a great insight into the skills required by such employer.
- We also run a different vertical as “software development team” where exceptional coders can work with us on real life projects.
- We have chosen the courses and content of the technologies after detailed discussions with our advisors, currently using these technologies at top software companies in India and abroad.
- We have already provided successful trainings on latest technologies such as AngularJS, NodeJS, Hybrid Apps, Ruby on Rails, Cloud technologies etc, where demand is higher than supply in industry rather than the commonly offered courses on C,Java etc. covered at other software training institutes.
- We make you a “versatile coder” by introducing you to all the latest technologies and options to choose the path to your successful career by working more in depth in the field/technology of your interest unlike other software trainings where you have no idea of other technologies to make a choice from.
- We are happy to have you spending “hours of coding” with us and to have dedicated doubt clearing sessions to help you code when you stuck. We’ll help you learn at your own pace unlike other software training institutes where you have very less time to practice and clear your doubts.
Who are the mentors?
- Lead mentor and Co-founder – Abhishek Rathore. He has graduated from BITS Pilani and has over 6 years of experience working on latest technologies. He has worked in various breakthrough technologies – in Cloud deployments and PaaS (EMC), Cryptographic Security (RSA), Core Networks and Switching (CISCO). After corporate jobs, he worked on Advanced Web Application and Mobile Apps and created over a 20-30 Products.
We have other full time dedicated mentors as well. Love for coding and passion for teaching are two essential per-requisites for all our mentors.
- Mentor and Co-founder – Abhijeet Rathore. He is an IIT – Delhi alumni, a robotics champion and has worked as a scientist with ISRO before starting with the trainings at Youstart Labs. He is avid writer and one of Most Read Quora Writer in Space Technologies.
- Mentor – Sneha Dahiya. She is an alumni of BITS Pilani and has worked in industry for short duration. She has joined academia and has interest in fields like Data Structure & Algorithms, Big-Data and Machine Learning.
Other advisors (from big IT companies) have guest lectures & remote sessions and would love to help you on your queries and clear your confusions.
What will I learn?
This is a practical learning program. Youstart Labs will teach you the basics of programming and software development in modern Tech industry which includes, but is not limited to
Front end Technologies
Back end Technologies
- Cloud Services
- Dev tools & communities
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Coding Interviews & Competitions
The learning we impart here is what you get by working for at least a couple of years in a typical software development company.
Can I develop my own idea / project as a part of the course?
Yes. We encourage all learners to come up with their own idea for the projects. Our mentors will help you bring those ideas to reality.
Do I get a certificate after completing the course?
Yes. You will get a certificate after successful completion of the course.
Will there be any exams?
There will be no exam. The certificate will be issued at the successful completion of course.
Do I need to know how to program already?
Basic knowledge/some programming experience is required.
Do I need to have previous experience in any of these latest technologies?
No prior experience is necessary. If you do have some experience , you’ll be that much further ahead.
What are the technical qualifications/ eligibility criteria required?
- College grads – CS/ Non CS Engineers – Some programming experience
- Students from any other streams like science, commerce or art; who love coding
- Experienced professionals looking for a hike in their career
- Entrepreneurs who would like to learn code to manifest their dreams,
- Anyone who has the passion for coding with essential requisites of logic
How do I begin?
- Please submit your application here.
- We will invite you for a personal interaction, by email and a phone call if your application matches our selection criteria, at our office.
What is the time commitment?
The program is intense as we wish to get you as close to your career objectives as possible.Typical course runs for 8-12 weeks and we will expect you to spend 20 hours every week.
How does Referral program work at Youstart Labs?
You inform us beforehand the details of the student whom you have referred to our program, via firstname.lastname@example.org . When the referred student joins, you get a discount on the course fee.
I have some questions before I enroll, where can I get help?
We’d really love to hear from you. So drop us an Email at email@example.com or call us or Whats App us at 8860014475
I’m interested, but have very little programming experience.How can I prepare?
- Many of our students have started in a similar place, and used online resources & our mentoring to the level we expect. More than any particular skill-set, the key to leveling up is perseverance and a drive to grapple with new challenges.